First Time Buyer Test
Take a First Time Home Buyer Quiz to see if you’re ready to be a HOMEOWNER.
- Do you have a job, or some form steady income?
- Does your shower turn icy when your neighbor turns on the water?
- Did you find your neighbor’s underwear in your laundry basket?
- Is your car buried by snow, or towed for parking in a snow emergency area?
- Is the renter upstairs a flamenco dancer, drummer, or have 3 kids on a trampoline?
- Do you have to dig for clothes to go to work because you have tiny teeny closet space?
- Are you shocked by an outrageous rent hike?
- You have more than $100 in your checking account?
- Does your neighbor complain about your dog snoring?
- Tell me that the government isn’t sending threatening notices about your student loan.
If you answered more than three with a yes, you are probably a good candidate for your own home. One with a real kitchen instead of a 20” stove, where you have closet space, where you can be yourself, and both you and the dog can snore to your heart’s delight.
A Yes to question #1, and #8 is important, we can deal with the rest. Especially if you are paying over $1200 in rent, and have a credit score over 620, you are ready to groove and move.
What you probably don’t know is that you can qualify for a home with a 3% of the price down payment. AND, it’s ok for mom and dad, even grandma, to help you out with that.